How to Easy Add More Functionality to Your Magento Store
Hello dear readers of the «Learning Session» rubric.
We continue publishing useful posts. The last one was «How to create different layouts for each page in Opencart». Today’s article is devoted to Magento CMS. We’ll show you how to add more functionality to your Magento store. Let’s consider 188.8.131.52 version.
Actually, we’ll talk about FishPig’s WordPress Integration extension, which can be very helpful for you. For example, you can add a blog, associate WordPress posts with Magento products, create menu’s in WordPress Admin and add them to Magento top menu. This extension allows you to implement a lot of other features into your project. The extension supports a big selection of WordPress plugins for free as well.
Now let’s see how to download and install this extension:
1. First of all, you need to install WordPress plugin integration. Go to https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/wordpress-integration-1.html.
Next, click «Install Now» button, choose your Magento connect version and click on «Get Extension Key» button.
2. Now you must insert the copied key into your Magento admin / system / magento connect / magento connect manager. To do this, you need to find the «Install New
Extensions» and paste the key in the «2 Paste extension key to install», click «Install», and then «Proceed».
3. After successful installation of the extension we can install the «WordPress». Go https://wordpress.org/download/ link and download the latest
4. Go to the folder which includes the downloaded WordPress file and unzip it.
5. Create «wp» folder for WordPress in the root of your site.
6. Upload all WordPress files which were unarchived earlier to wp folder.
7. As soon as upload is finished, go to your MySQL manager and create MySQL database for WordPress.
8. After successfull database creation go to usual WordPress installation.
Add «/ wp» to your online store address field, and press «enter». After that, follow standard steps of WordPress installation.
9. Go to Magento admin panel. Now you can see WordPress section in the main horizontal menu. Go to
wordpress / settings / database to configure your access.
10. Go to database settings and configure next parameters:
— Do magento and wordpress share a database? -> NO
— Host -> localhost (if you have default server settings)
— Username -> your server username
— Password -> your password
— Name -> name of created wordpress database
Then click «Save Config».
11. Success! Now you can login to WordPress. Add «/wp/wp-login.php» to your online store url address field and press «enter».
You may be interested in Magento Website Themes from Developer