Five important criteria for choosing a website template. What you should know about ready-made design solutions
Hello, dear readers !
We start a new section in our blog – “Presale suggestions”. Here we will try to guide you in the right direction when selecting a product, the most suitable within your future online project.
Today’s article is written for those, who are on the step of solving the problem of creating your own web resource.
If you want to create a website quickly, using ready-made pleasant design solutions, web templates, the variety of which is growing every day, will match your requirements ideally.
Is it even possible to succeed in the Internet project using the site based on the ready-made template?
For those, who takes such phrase with a skeptical smile and just for all those, who are interested, we can confidently say, ” Yes, it is! “.
Such an assertion is based on the considerable experience in the area of web development. We are watching with pleasure successfully operating sites in the network, which are built on the basis of our own, and not only, templates.
Nevertheless, we are not going to campaign for such decision, and will just try to help those, who have definite intention to buy a ready template for website, consider some of the nuances when choosing the right product.
Things to remember, when choosing a ready-made website template
In fact, it is necessary to know that a particular template may impose significant limitations in the functionality of the future website. Proper understanding of the goals and objectives of the future web resource together with the knowledge of a particular template capabilities will help you avoid further frustration and unnecessary expense!
There are basic criteria that should be taken into account, so that creation a website on the basis of template design becomes the foundation for further progressive and successful development. In this article, we present five important examples in our opinion.
- Developed navigation throughout the resource and composition of individual page elements can not be in conflict with the functionality of the design. As a rule, to change something after the template implementation is not possible in normal painless ways.
- Challenges facing your site are serious and important criteria for choosing a template. It is hardly possible to build an information resource on flash- template as Flash- technology is designed for entirely different purposes. But html template here will be most suitable.
- Flash- banners will make the page brighter and will attract attention, but it is important not to overuse them: the opportunities provided by website templates may even be superfluous for your purposes.
- Flash templates can be useful in the development of the site with the functions of the promoter. Templates for websites, developed in this format, will help you quickly create a positive impression. But you should remember about the static version in HTML format, otherwise everyone, who does not have Flash Player cannot open your wonderful site.
- HTML-template can really effectively be read by search engine robots, so if you are going to promote your online resource intensively, would be great if you choose the template of such format.
A few words about content management
Almost any independent resource mechanism has a content management system (unless it ‘s a business card), on the basis of which it works. Nowadays there are various types of Content management systems – to almost any taste, free and paid. Some of them can only perform the most basic operations, others are designed by experts and are very flexible.
Choosing CMS, educated consumer, first of all, will look for the presence of demo and will study the feedback about the functionality of the platform. If there are alternatives of the same type , but some of them – are paid, while others – free, paid CMS provides benefits in the form of good support and regular updates.
However, there is also a category of resources for which the orientation template design will be unproductive.
Ready-made layout of the site may not be unique. If the purpose for which the site has been developed, is the formation of an individual image, which differ from the competitors, the ready-made template will not solve this problem.
We hope that the tips presented in the article were helpful in choosing the right product.
See you in the following publications of “Pre-sale suggestions“.