Do’s and Dont’s of Choosing a Business Website Template
Business website templates greatly impact the digital experience that your audience gets from your website and it is important that you make the right choice. Making a choice is not an easy task and it can be overwhelming when you want to pick a template as there are many available in the market. A social media agency can help you choose the right template for your website.
DO’S OF CHOOSING A BUSINESS WEBSITE TEMPLATE
- Simplicity: According to Leonardo da Vinci, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” You should focus on simplicity when choosing a template. It is important that your visitors are not distracted. Your website template should not have a complex layout, many widgets, many colours, flash animation etc. You should choose a template that is usable and simply understood.
- Responsiveness: Make sure your business website template is responsive because in the modern era your website is doomed if your template is not responsive. More people now access websites through their mobile phones and it is important that your template can adapt to the layout of any device that is being used by your visitors.
Your website template must be optimized for mobile as this will help your website increase its ranking in search engines such as Google.
- SEO friendly: Your website template must be optimized if you want your website to rank highly in search engines. You will be able to get more traffic when your template is SEO friendly.
The template you use for your website must not negatively impact its growth. Your meta descriptions, content and page title are important to your website template.
- Browser compatibility: Different people have different browser preferences and it is advisable that your website template can work on all browsers. There are some templates that can work in some browsers and have difficulties in others. You can use browser compatibility tools to test your business website template.
- Spend wisely:
- It is important that you spend wisely when you want to get a business template. There are free templates that you could use but they have limited functionality, are less secure, offer little or no updates and you have little control over them. When you buy a premium template your website will look more professional, stable and secure.
- Support: You should know more about the template you want to use for your business website. You should go to the comment section of the business template you want to use and read its reviews and feedback. Make sure the template you want to use has a reliable support system.
- Beautiful design: Make sure the template you want to use for your website is beautiful and appealing as this will attract more visitors to your website.
- Template review: It is important that you know what others think about the template you want to use for your business website. You should read the positive and negative reviews to learn more about the template.
- Use colours wisely: You should use colours that reflect your brand and complement your content.
- Availability of extensions, plugins and apps: It is important that you know what extensions, plugins and apps are offered by the website template you want to use.
- HTML and CSS validity: Your website template should be tested for errors. Make sure your template is legitimate.
Dont’s of Choosing a Business Website Template
- Do not ignore the users: It is important that you always keep the target audience in mind. You should focus on the experience of the user and you should not choose a business website template that ignores its users.
- Cluttered layout: You should not have a cluttered website template. This confuses users and visitors to your website are unable to direct their attention to what you want them to see.
- Do not clutter your template with text. You should stay away from long paragraphs and you should have a spacious design.
- Don’t use all colours: Do not choose a business website that has too many colours. This is a wrong idea. Using too many colours on your business website template is a wrong idea. Colours impact a viewer’s opinion of your website and they negatively affect a website when too many are used at the same time.
- Difficult navigation: Users should be able to easily navigate your website. You will have fewer visitors if users find it difficult to navigate or search for what they need on your website.
- Do not use too many images: Do not use too many images on your website as this will slow down the loading time of your website.
- Don’t use too many fronts: Do not use too many fonts on your business website as it will be difficult for users to read the message you are trying to convey. Your website will look unprofessional and chaotic if you use too many fonts.